Friday, July 30, 2010

Review: Pentel Arts Slicci Metallic Gel Pens


Whew! It's been a while since I've had a chance to blog. I'm returning to school, with my trusty EnerGel and Jolt pencil, and boy has it eaten up my time! Right now it's the middle of the hottest summer ever here in Sin City, so crank up the air conditioning and grab a cool drink.

The last of my Big Box O' Pen Love is a handful of the Metallic Ink Sliccis. These pens are sharp, and the colors are just gorgeous. You may have seen Sliccis being used on Grey's Anatomy, but I bet they weren't the metallic ink ones that Pentel sent me!

These pens are part of Pentel's Recycology line. This means they are a minimum of 50% recycled material (save the consumable content and the refills). The Sliccis boast an 87% recycled plastic rate, which is pretty awesome. The tip is a 0.8mm needle tip that makes medium lines - a nice line that isn't too thick and isn't too thin. The acid free gel ink sparkles a bit on the paper, which is pretty cute if you're using these pens to embellish your scrap booking or even to sign a birthday card.

The colors are bright and vibrant, and the ink flowed super well. None of the pens skipped, or needed a few strokes to get going. The lines are filled in well and the sparkle in the ink is a nice touch. Although I usually prefer a much thinner line, I don't think it would do these pens justice to be regulated to super skinny lines, especially because of the sparklies in the gel ink.


The only problem that I personally had with these pens is how skinny they are. Granted, I love tiny things, so I really do love the look of these pens, the sad truth is that they are too small for me to write with comfortably. Granted, I don't have a lot of use for bright colors in my writing right now, so I wouldn't be using them for long periods of time, but they are really skinny pens, which makes them perfect for sliding into a back pocket or into your shirt pocket for a quick go to pen (if you're allowed to write in metallic ink!) because they aren't bulky like regular pens can be. My hands are just too big, despite my love for them.


I'd recommend these pens to anyone looking to jazz up their projects or just put a little splash of color into their writing. The Metallic Slicci comes in eight great colors: Red, Blue, Green, Bronze, Pink, Violet, Gold, and Silver. With that kind of selection, you're sure to find the color that goes with what you need! Check em out, you won't be sorry.

1 comment: